Red Wine Poached Pears Recipe
Red Wine Poached Pears are a classic approach to alternative sweets as this recipe is all about highlighting the natural flavor and sweetness of one the season’s best produce. Try our Red Wine Poached Pears Recipe today.
Red Wine Poached Pear
Red Wine Poached Pears are a classic approach to alternative sweets as this recipe is all about highlighting the natural flavor and sweetness of one the season's best produce: Pears.
- 675 ml Red wine
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Orange juiced
- 5 Pears
- coconut/ Greek yogurt, mascarpone, or vanilla ice cream for serving
- orange zest for garnish
- Peel the pears, leaving the stems in tact. Slice a tiny bit off the bottom of each pear, this will create a flat surface for the pears to stand up when being served.
- Place the pears in the red wine poaching liquid and allow to poach with the top on for about 30-40 minutes, turning the pears once in between to ensure the whole pear is even in color.
- After about 30 minutes, or when the pears are red and tender, gently remove from the liquid and set aside.
- Cover the pot and reduce the remaining liquid by about half, until you have a thick syrup that coats the back of a spoon. This should take 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the pears sliced in half, or whole, with coconut yogurt, mascarpone, or vanilla ice cream. Drizzle a bit of the red wine syrup over each one then top with orange zest.
- Cover and store leftover pears in the reduced poaching liquid in the fridge for up to 3 days.