Easy Ecuadorian Espumillas Recipe
Easy Ecuadorian Espumillas Recipe made with fresh guava fruit, sugar and egg white. This popular delicacy can be found everywhere through Ecuador. I was first introduced to these delectable flavorful Meringues while visiting my wife’s family in Ecuador Cuenca while touring the downtown streets and soon feel in love with them.
- 6 guavas
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Garnish with candy sprinkles
- Wash and peel the ripe guavas, you can use a knife or carrot peeler
- Clean and discard the seeds keeping only the flesh part of the fruit.
- Cut the guava into pieces
- In a blender add the cut guava fruit and sugar and puree
- In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, add the egg whites and guava sugar mixture and mix until it thickness to a medium stiff peak
- Alternately if you don’t have a mixer you can use a blender, follow the same steps.
- Once espumillas meringue is done serve right away into cups or ice cream cones.
- Top with candy sprinkles and fresh sliced strawwberries or drizzle with chocolate, caramel or dulce de leche