Easy Wild Garlic Pesto Recipe
This easy wild garlic pesto recipe also known as ramp pesto or rampson pesto is a take on the classic Italian basil pesto but with a twist. Easy and quick to prepare this wild garlic recipe takes just a few minutes. This wild garlic recipe will be enough to fill a large mason with about 485 grams (17oz) and will keep in the refrigerator for a week.
- 100 grams wild garlic 90 leaves or 3.5oz
- 160 grams olive oil 3/4 cups or 5.6oz
- 70 grams almonds or pine nuts toasted 1/2 cup or 2.5oz
- 150 grams parmesan cheese grated (1 1/2 cup or 5.2oz)
- 2 grams lemon zest 1 teaspoon
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Rince the wild garlic leaves with cold water and allow them to drain or pat them dry with a paper towel.
In a food processor, add the wild garlic leaves, grated parmesan cheese, pinenuts, lemon zest, and pepper, and salt.
Pulse until the pesto mixture is thick about 60 seconds. Scrape the side, then add the olive oil, and pulse until the pesto sauce is well combined and homogenous.
If you want your wild garlic pesto less thick, just add another teaspoon or two of olive oil and stir to combine.
Keep your pesto refrigerated until ready to use.